Thursday, May 13, 2010

First Class to a Puddle Jumper

First Class to a Puddle Jumper

Running through the airport you can hear the click clap of my flip flops clear across the Atlanta Airport. People were parting the “waters” for me to run past. Some faces smiled with a knowing grin, they too had been in my shoes once before. I think back… How did I get here running through this airport like a scene straight out of the movies? I think back to this morning that was so seemingly normal and quite planned out. I was to arrive in Akron, Ohio around 2:00pm and have a relaxing wait until the rest of my Georgia group joined me. An exit away from the airport I received an automated phone call giving me the news that my flight had been delayed and I was rebooked on a later connecting flight to Ohio. I closed my cell phone to end the call and looked at my flexible roommate. A smile came upon her face and said that is okay lets go to church, you can go with me. I agreed and was thankful to be able to go to morning worship. It has been a good while since I have been to church with my roommate Candie, today I saw it as a blessing. Candie then dropped me off at the airport and hugged me goodbye wishing me a safe trip and a good week. Proceeding into the airport, the thought crossed my mind…. “Finally”. I was going to be on my way in a little less than an hour with one connecting flight; I would only be a tad late. I arrive at my check in kiosk and pulled out my new handy frequent flyer skymile card. I pushed the card in the machine so it could quickly find my reservation and I would be on my way. Card In. doot.doot.doot.doot (machine thinking). Reservation not found. WHAT!?!? The guy this morning promised me I was rescheduled. I march myself over to the forever long line, which this particular airport never has. I finally make it to the check in counter and the representative notifies me that my original flight had been cancelled. I told her that I needed to be in Ohio by tonight and that it did not matter if I went to Cleveland or Akron. And she did this to her computer. ;aieufalkesnf;dshvgaeta nvdsnv sdfnf ;sdtaner sdsodi lksdfjoisdufawen …. Okay you get the point. I am sure whatever she was typing made complete since. She looked. Booked. Booked. Booked. Continental. Booked solid. She looked at me and told me that the problem was with my original flight to Atlanta. The Atlanta flight had a mechanical problem, this was throwing off every other flight out. She told me my best bet was to fly standby on the next leaving flight or fly at midnight tonight. I said okay I would do the standby option. I proceeded to my gate anticipating a long day ahead. Indeed it was. Stand-by….I do believe is code for you will not get on this plane but I want to give you hope. I had high hopes because I had flown standby before because my dear cousin Tim has given me buddy passes home. I generally get on those flights just fine. I knew from experience that I should ask what number in line I was. The nice man, who became my hero later on, told me that I was number seven in line and he was overbooked by eight. There was no way I was going to get on this flight. So guess what he did? A;ljdaklfdf a;lsdfjas;dlkfja asdfjaslfkjas;dfj a;lskdfjsad;fijsad;flkj (typing really fast). Next thing I know he had me CONFIRMED on a 5:00 flight. He told me to wait to be sure I didn’t get on the flight and then come back to get my ticket. So I sat with my book in my hand and waited patiently with no such luck. Thankfully I was confirmed for my next flight. I went back to the desk and my hero printed my ticket. I didn’t even have to tell him my name. J Next thing I know I looked down and I was flying FIRST CLASS! Funny thing, I had just finished telling my roommate this morning that I would like to fly first class just once to experience it. God knew just what I wanted and he took care of his child. J I was living the life of air luxury. I walked onto my plane and I had a blanket and a pillow awaiting my arrival along with a bottle of water and headphones. A nice attendant came by and offered me a drink while I waited for the rest of the passengers to load. Ahhh this was nice. Later in the flight she came back by and brought me a cold coke in a REAL glass, not one of those plastic ones. My snack consisted of gourmet pretzels that I chose from a basket full of snacks and fruit. After relaxing a bit I followed my Aunt Dianne’s advice and asked the attendant about my connection flight. Let me just say she was sweet as pie but she was not too hopeful on my capabilities of making this next flight. Our plane was 15 minutes late and my next flight would leave in 30 minutes. I then knew why the Lord pampered me in first class. He was preparing me for the run I was about to make to my connection. Plus I was at the front of the plane and I would get off first. So my new first class friends cheered me on and said that they believed in me. I step off the plane and RUN FORREST RUN or more like it was RUN BONNIE RUN. People cleared the way for me to make it to the train on the OTHER end of the terminal. I ran past people on the escalator. Finally I made it to the train. I picked up the phone out of breath and 10 minutes to spare. I called mom and said pray; in between me gasping for breath she cheered me on. The next couple of minutes I took to prepare to run for my life. I took off my earrings. (I don’t know what that had to do with anything). I strapped my bag on my back and turned to ask the pilot behind me which way to turn when I got off the train. Okay I had directions in my mind I was ready. Doors OPEN. RUNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!! Guess what? I was on concourse D1 that just so happened to be the very last gate. I ran with all my heart, knowing the Lord was going to get me there. After all he had got me thus far. I reached my gate out of breath. Uhhhh huuuu uuuhhhhh huuuuu (breathing hard) I was the second to last person to get on the plane. Everyone else had already boarded. Phew I made it though. Miracle of all Miracles. I am on the plane. In fact we are about to land. I want to leave you with this one last thought. Last night a dear friend of mine gave me a card before I left. Down at the bottom of the card was the verse Ephesians 3:20 “Now glory be to God, who by His mighty Power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of- infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes.” The card reads… “The Lord knows your thoughts, He hears your prayers, and even now He is answering in ways beyond what you can imagine.” Today the Lord did just that for me. Isn’t it funny how the Lord answers prayers in just in time and not moment too soon? God got me on that plane just in time and not a moment too soon. God answers our prayers just in time. He might even pamper you to prepare for the run you are about to take. So ladies allow God to pamper you while you spend time in the word. Then you must RUN LADIES RUN! Share the good news of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment! I would LOVE to hear from you! :) Leaving a comment does not require a subscription.

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.