Thursday, March 7, 2013

Friday Feature Teacher: Dee

Well we have come to another weeks end...

I hope many of you have had good rewarding weeks in your classrooms. My favorite is watching the facial expressions of Kindergarteners while they read. It will never get old.

Time to meet another Friday Feature Teacher!




Meet Dee :-)



How many years have you been teaching?

8 years

What is your favorite memory as a teacher?

I have a lot of favorite memories. But, I guess the one that really makes me tear up is , one year I had a child in my 3rd grade classroom and he wasn't reading on level. I worked with him and worked with him individually. His reading level began to increase. In one school year, he went from about a 1.6 grade level to a 3.1 grade level. This young man still to this day will talk about how hard we worked to get him ready for fourth grade.

Tell us about your teaching style.

Because I now teach Gifted/Talented. I have a range of students in grades from 2-6. So everything I do is differentiated based not only on grade levels but learning styles as well. I use a lot of centers, independent study, and problem based learning in my classroom.

Tell us something interesting about you.

I love to write. It is a passion of mine. Last year I participated in the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) contest and finished my first novel.

What can we find on your blog?

My blog has been off and on recently. But I hope to get back in the swing of things and start posting some of the activities that we do in my classroom. I have a few article topics on Gifted/Talented that I am going to begin posting very soon as well.

What is your favorite product in your TpT store? Why?

Because I love to write, my favorite product in my TpT store would be my Writing Prompts Task Cards that are perfect to get students off to doing some great creative writing.

TpT products by Dee

Writing Prompts for Everyday


 

 
"As teachers, we all strive to provide our students with the best activities to ensure increased learning.
This literacy pack contains three different activities for use in your
centers, seat work for early finishers, or any other use you can think up."
 
Check out her TpT Store Here:
 
Check out her Blog Here:
 
 
Mrs. B's Nook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment! I would LOVE to hear from you! :) Leaving a comment does not require a subscription.

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.