Monday, December 2, 2013

Eddie the Mischievous Elf

Today we had some fun with Eddie the Mischievous Elf.

I started by reading this book to my kinders. My mother and I had fun writing this little reader together over Thanksgiving Break. My kids loved it and giggled at mischievous Eddie. I printed the book and placed it in a binder with sheet protectors for safe keeping.





After I read the book, I told my kiddos we were going to help Santa by fixing all the trouble that Eddie had caused.

First, they fixed the tags that Eddie messed up. We have been working on word families and I had them rearrange the word families to make words. They always love using scissors and glue. And it is great for fine motor skills.





Next, they helped line up the reindeer by putting the alphabet in order. I had them feed the alphabet reindeer onto a binder ring and a pipe cleaner.





Finally, I had them build sight words and CVC on playdough mats. I told them they were helping bake the cookies.





They are also working on a story about Eddie. Sorry, I couldn't get it to rotate. :-(




I am using these readers during my reading groups.



We are making Eddie for a fun craftivity.



We worked on this during Daily 5. We will continue to run these same centers throughout the week.

Check out the full version here. It is on sale, through tomorrow in the TpT black Friday sale.


 
 
I was asked to create a preschool edition as well. The preschool edition includes elf and reindeer letter cards. Santa alphabet and number play-dough mats. Eddie coloring pages.
 
 

 

 

 



I will close with these cute cars a parent made for a student's birthday! :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment! I would LOVE to hear from you! :) Leaving a comment does not require a subscription.

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.