Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Nativity

This week I introduced our Christmas around the world unit. We started in Brazil. We talked about the tradition in Brazil is to build a Presepio. So today we made a nativity scene. They turned out very cute and thought I would share. Directions listed below.





  • I used nicer square scrapbook paper.
  •  Paint right foot. I had them bend their knees and allow me to put the foot on paper.
  •  Paint a X for the legs of the manger.
  •  I traced and cut a star in contact paper. I placed the contact paper sticky side down and then painted over it with yellow. I then peeled up the star.
  • I used jumbo sticks to make the manger.
  • I used a blue wash cloth from dollar tree for the baby blanket.
  • The straw also came from the dollar tree.
  • I used manilla cardstock for the baby Jesus face.


If you want to check out what I use to teach this unit....


Here is the Christmas Around the World with Biblical Integration unit.



Here is the Nativity Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment! I would LOVE to hear from you! :) Leaving a comment does not require a subscription.

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.