Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Sinful and Worshipful Heart

These statements from this morning's service has resonated with me all day today....

"From the heart we sin against God. From the same heart we worship God."


"The righteous standard of God starts with the heart not the act"


"Sin begins on the inside of us before it is manifested outside of us"


Psalm 51:1&2


"Have mercy on me, O God, according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin!"


Psalm 119:9-11


How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you, let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you."





[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="240" caption="Image by Count The Cost via Flickr"]Psalm 119:48[/caption]


Lord may I...


Study your word and hide it my heart.


Pray your word and speak its truth into my life.


Obey your word and not be a hearer of the word but a doer.


 


If you would like to hear today's message, please visit Raleigh Road Baptist Church Website for an audio recording.


Today's Message


Blogging the Blessings


Day 47


 


 

1 comment:

Leave your comment! I would LOVE to hear from you! :) Leaving a comment does not require a subscription.

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.