Monday, February 7, 2011

One Week Until....

Valentines Day!

Valentines Day has to be one of my favorite days of the year. I have "loved" this day since I was a little girl working in my moms flower shop. I would skip school, with permission, to work in her florist. I loved the excitement and business of the day. My favorite is seeing all the young men and old men alike come in and buy flowers for their sweetheart, mothers,

I loved watching some men get creative and request orchids, lilies, and mixed bouquets instead of a dozen roses.


[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240" caption="Image by paparutzi via Flickr"]red roses[/caption]


However, roses are a classic and definitely have their place. (Attention: Men of HC please don't order an orchid the day of Valentines day! My mother will not be happy with me.)

I am a HOPELESS romantic and I dreamed of my prince charming as I worked the day away.

Beware! If you were one of my close friends, my mom would recruit you to work on that day.

We always try to get Daddy to dress up as cupid. It has not worked thus far. Maybe this year is the year....

This week I am going to devote my blog to Valentines Day memories of working in the Flower Shop. Some are quite hilarious and others are sweet. Be sure to stay tuned.... stay reading!

Blogging the Blessings

Day 35

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment! I would LOVE to hear from you! :) Leaving a comment does not require a subscription.

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.