Thursday, February 17, 2011

Flat Stanley

Today I started the Flat Stanley Project with my kids today.


FYI: Flat Stanley is a children's book about a boy named Stanley that became flat when a bulletin board fell on top of him. Since Stanley is flat he is able to slide through thin spaces and fit in envelopes. Flat Stanley has traveled the world in an envelope to different countries, cities, schools, and families. Teachers use this book to create a learning experience for students. If Flat Stanley visits, you take pictures of your adventures and the place where you live. You write letters back describing Flat Stanley's experience with you.


I have a family that I am connected with that we are responding to their Flat Stanley letters. I think this is a neat project to help my students grow in their writing and literacy skills. They are loving the book as I read it to them.





[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="234" caption="Cover of Flat Stanley (picture book edition)"]Cover of [/caption]

We are planning on taking him on our picnic tomorrow. The kids had fun listing places that we could take Flat Stanley today!

Any teachers that have any Flat Stanley experience?

Any teachers or families that would like to respond to our Flat Stanley letters?

I really think that it would be cool to get connected with people all over the U.S. and the world. The students could really learn a lot.

1 comment:

Leave your comment! I would LOVE to hear from you! :) Leaving a comment does not require a subscription.

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.